Chicken in Pesto Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Angel hair pasta (hot), cooked
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In large skillet, cook chicken in oil until browned and cooked, about 4
minutes, then remove.
- In same skillet, melt butter; stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in pesto, lemon juice and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat.
- Serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe and photo credit: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation