Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- 6 broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, minced
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Roma tomato, seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make pineapple salsa by mixing together in small bowl, cilantro, ginger
root, 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato, pineapple, onion, chiles and lemon juice. Set
- In fry pan, place butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sauté, turning, for about 6 minutes or until light brown on all sides.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 5 minutes or until fork
can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter and spoon pineapple salsa over chicken.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes