- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Mexican seasoning or Ortega Taco mix
cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (24 ounce) jars Pace Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 can black beans
- Rice, cooked
- Skin chicken, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix flour, taco seasoning, flour, salt and pepper together in a paper bag.
- Place chicken breasts in bag, one at a time. Shake to coat.
- Set breasts aside for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Toss and re-coat chicken breasts one more time.
- Place in oil when hot. Brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan; drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons oil from pan, leaving drippings.
- Add salsa, water and bouillon cubes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cover.
- Simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes, adding water and salsa as necessary.
- Heat beans and rice.
- Serve Chicken Salsa over a bed of rice and beans.
- Cover with the sauce from the pan.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.