- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 or 7 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds (see note)
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over high heat.
- In a small glass bowl, place chicken chunks and add flour. Toss chicken
- Place chicken in olive oil; brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for about
- Stir in coriander and cumin; sauté until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine. Increase heat to high. Boil until wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in chicken broth, apricots, almonds and olives. Bring to a simmer;
reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
You can buy almonds already blanched, or simply drop in boiling water for
about a minute.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.