Chicken Tenders Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In large sauté pan, warm butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken strips and sauté until browned but not cooked through, about
- Remove chicken from pan and place into bowl to reserve while making sauce.
- In same pan, add shallots; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté until mushrooms have released all
of their liquid, about 7 minutes.
- Add Dijon mustard, paprika and tomato paste. Stir until combined.
- Add chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil. Cook to reduce liquid by half,
about 12 minutes.
- To sauce, add sour cream and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until
sauce thickens slightly.
- Add reserved chicken and stir to combine. Warm over low heat for another
5 – 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish stroganoff over cooked noodles.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information, Per Serving: 390 calories; 19 g fat; 8 g saturated
fat; 12 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 5 g sugars; 41 g protein
Recipe and photo credit: National
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.