Chili Rubbed Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 (7 ounce) can unsweetened canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Chicken: In a small bowl, combine chili powder and garlic.
- Stir in enough oil to make a thick paste.
- Rub on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Lower heat and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, basting with
honey. Turn once.
- Salsa: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with rice and black beans.
1 Serving: calories 303; total fat 11 g; cholesterol 73 mg; sodium 92 mg