Cider Peach Chicken
So simple yet elegant, rosemary scented sweet peaches with tangy cider vinegar
dress up everyday chicken breasts. Serve with rice pilaf for a stunning entree in
under 30 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cans (15 oz. ea.) Del Monte Lite Sliced Yellow Cling Peaches, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- Salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; spray with non-stick cooking
- Cook onion about 4 minutes or until golden brown; stir in garlic and cook
15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Gently stir in vinegar and red pepper flakes, if desired, into peach mixture.
- Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or
until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon equal amounts of peach mixture over chicken breasts.
- Serve with rice pilaf, if desired.
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min
Recipe and photo credit: Del Monte