- 3/4 cup pineapple juice, divided
- 1 cup cream of coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (2 pound) bag shredded coconut
- 3/4 to 1 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1/4 cup cream of coconut, soy sauce, brown sugar
and rice-wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- Add chicken strips, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Place flour in pie plate and add salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs and 1/4 cream of coconut.
- Place shredded coconut in a bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then egg mixture, then coconut.
- Heat just enough peanut oil in a sauté pan to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sauté the chicken strips in peanut oil, about 5 minutes on each side. Do not
let oil become too hot or you will over-brown the coconut.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and keep warm.
- If there is any oil left in the pan, drain the pan but do not scrape out the
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice and 1/2 cup cream of coconut to the
pan along with the heavy cream. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, until sauce
- Use sauce by pouring over the chicken or as a dip for the chicken pieces.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes