- 1 (2 1/2 pound) fryer
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Blanched, toasted almonds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into serving pieces and coat.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large, heavy skillet until very hot.
- Add chicken and brown well on both sides. If all the fat is absorbed before
chicken is browned, add remaining tablespoons of butter.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, curry powder and thyme to skillet and cook
for a few minutes over low heat, stirring in all the brown particles.
- Add the stewed tomatoes.
- Put the chicken, skin side up, back into the skillet, cover, and cook slowly
for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Last of all, stir in the currants.
- Serve with almonds and chutney on the side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes