- 6 small chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup apple jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can Dr Pepper or Cherry Coke, divided
- Remove skin from chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- Place chicken into skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix jelly, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Slowly add 1 cup of soda and mix well. Add this mixture to the chicken.
- Bring chicken to a boil. Once this has reached its point, turn down and
cook for 10 minutes over medium high heat.
- After the time is up, baste chicken again and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
If sauce thickens, add soda until of desired consistency.