Creamy Chicken Dijon
Here is another great chicken recipe which I make quite a bit. It is very delicious
with a wonderful taste.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (I use heavy cream for a richer sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- Heat oven to 150 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for about 15 to 20 minutes or
until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from skillet and place on a warm oven-proof platter.
- Stir flour into skillet drippings.
- Add broth and deglaze skillet by stirring vigorously until flour is somewhat
dissolved and liquid has the consistency of a sauce.
- Add cream mixing well to combine. Simmer, stirring, over moderate heat for
about 10 minutes until sauce is a little thick.
- Stir in mustard and heat through.
- Pour mustard sauce over chicken breasts.
- Place platter in warm preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until heated
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 9:10:12 am.