Crunchy Asian Chicken and Vegetables
Stir-fries are a super choice for a quick, complete meal.
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 14 to 16 ounces uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-ounce bottle)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup julienne cut (2 x 1/8 x 1/8 inch) carrots
- 1 cup Green Giant Select® frozen sugar snap peas (from 1-lb bag), thawed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook rice in 2 cups water as directed on package, omitting
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and onion; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning chicken and stirring
onion occasionally, until onion is tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in teriyaki baste and glaze, 1/2 cup water, the carrots and sugar snap
peas. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 4 to 6 minutes longer, stirring occasionally,
until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Gently stir in orange segments.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Makes: 4 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
If desired, substitute chicken breast strips for stir-fry, for the chicken breast
tenders, or you can cut boneless chicken breasts into 1/2-inch-thick strips instead.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 70); Total
Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 960mg; Total Carbohydrate
73g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 20g); Protein 31g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 140%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 3 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat;
1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 5
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes