Curried Coconut Chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce)
can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce)
can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Stir in onions and garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper into the
pan, and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.