Dominican Chicken and Rice
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, divided
- 2 pounds skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell
pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15
ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Crush 1 bouillon tablet and sprinkle on both sides of chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken on all sides until browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion
- Add chicken, water, tomato sauce, remaining bouillon tablet, oregano and
thyme. Mix well; stir in rice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 50 mins | Servings: 8 to 10
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com