Fried Chicken Spare Ribs
- 8 chicken thighs with bones
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Brown chicken legs on both side over medium heat in the oil.
- Drain the oil onto a paper towel.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- In a bowl mix water, brown sugar, apple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic,
vinegar, pepper flakes and ground ginger.
- Sprinkle all over the chicken in the skillet. Bring it to a boil then reduce
the heat and cover to simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken juice is
- Remove the chicken to a plate and keep it warm.
- Mix the cornstarch and water to the cooking juice until it is smooth then
bring it to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. It should be thick - similar