- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 pounds chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chunked
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice.
- Brown chicken in shortening; drain.
- Add pineapple juice, broth, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
Cover; cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add green pepper and pineapple chunks. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water; stir gradually into sauce. Continue
cooking until thickened.
- Serve over rice.