Hot Pepper Chicken
- 12 ounces (3/4 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper. Flatten with a meat mallet
or the bottom of a heavy skillet to about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat chicken well with flour mixture; sauté about 3 minutes per side, until
no longer pink inside (170 degrees F on a meat thermometer).
- Mix honey with mustard.
- Spread cooked chicken with honey-mustard sauce.
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 350 calories; 9.5g fat (24 percent calories from fat); 1.5g
saturated fat; 96mg cholesterol; 40.5g protein; 25g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 277mg