Italian Chicken and Noodles
This quick and easy one-pot meal is a lifesaver on busy weeknights. Full of antioxidants
and rich flavor, it is sure to spread smiles all around.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes with Basil,Garlic and Oregano-No Salt Added
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can College Inn® Chicken Broth with Roasted Vegetables & Herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 4 cups uncooked dried medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- (Optional) salt
- (Optional) pepper
- Cook chicken, garlic, mushrooms and basil in oil in large saucepan over
high heat 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth and wine; bring to boil.
- Stir in noodles; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes until
chicken is done and noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 15 min | Serves: 4
Recipe and photo credit:
Del Monte Foods.