Lemon Cream Chicken
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 minutes on each side
or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add and broth to the drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to
loosen browned bits from pan.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring
to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.