Lemon Grass Chicken Curry
- 12 ounces boneless chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 stalks lemon grass, finely chopped
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed palm sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in bowl, add curry paste and stir to coat chicken; set aside
for 30 minutes.
- In wok, heat oil, add garlic and fry until golden.
- Stir in chicken, then fish sauce, lemon grass, lime leaves, sugar and water.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If chicken becomes
too dry, add a little more water, but the final dish should be quite dry.