Lime Chicken Picante
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 lime, sliced into segments
- In a shallow nonporous dish or bowl combine the salsa, mustard and lime
juice. Mix well.
- Add chicken, cover dish and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add to skillet. Sauté, turning frequently,
until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, boil remaining marinade in a saucepan for 4 to 5 minutes, to
remove all possibility of bacteria.
- Add boiled marinade to chicken and sauté another 3 to 5 minutes or until
chicken is fork tender and marinade is starting to glaze.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; raise heat to high and boil marinade
for 1 minute.
- Spoon marinade over chicken and top each breast with 1 tablespoon yogurt
and 1 lime wedge.