Mexican Chicken Skillet
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, diced and peeled
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages yellow cornbread mix
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, slightly broken
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese with jalapenos
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large cast iron skillet.
- Combine sour cream, soup, chiles, onions and chicken.
- Make cornbread batter (with milk) following the instructions on the packages.
- Add grated cheddar cheese to the batter.
- Cover the bottom of the skillet with the broken tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the grated Monterey jack cheese over the chips.
- Spread sour cream and chicken mixture over the cheese and chips.
- Carefully spread cornbread batter over the chicken layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6-8 servings.