- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 medium carrot, medium dice
- 2 ribs of celery,
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced in medium circles
- Olive oil (small amount
for sauté ing)
- 1 cup cream
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) chicken breast per serving
- Cooked fettuccine as a bed (whatever amount
- Sauté the vegetables in the olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 quart of water, the cream, and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, make a roux with the butter and the flour.
- Add the roux to the boiling mixture.
- Add the cheese and salt to taste.
- Cook the chicken using whatever method you desire.
- Put the chicken on the fettuccine, add the sauce, and serve with fresh asparagus
spears or your favorite vegetable.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.