- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 medium carrot, medium dice
- 2 ribs of celery, medium dice
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced in medium circles
- Olive oil (small amount for sauté ing)
- 1 cup cream
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) chicken breast per serving
- Cooked fettuccine as a bed (whatever amount you desire)
- Sauté the vegetables in the olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 quart of water, the cream, and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, make a roux with the butter and the flour.
- Add the roux to the boiling mixture.
- Add the cheese and salt to taste.
- Cook the chicken using whatever method you desire.
- Put the chicken on the fettuccine, add the sauce, and serve with fresh asparagus
spears or your favorite vegetable.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes