Nuevo Cubano Chicken with
Spanish Olive Picadillo Salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 to 5 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican or Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup halved Lindsay® Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives
- 1/2 cup golden or dark raisins
- 1 tablespoon drained Lindsay® capers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Optional toppings: minced plum tomato, chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken; sprinkle half of the jerk seasoning over chicken. Cook for
- Turn; sprinkle remaining jerk seasoning over chicken. Continue to cook for
4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to same skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring
- Add tomatoes, olives, raisins, capers and Worcestershire sauce. Increase
heat to medium-high and simmer 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat. Continue cooking until chicken
is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with olive mixture and serve with
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Servings: 4
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories: 326 Calories from fat: 109 Total fat: 12g
Monounsaturated fat: 8g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 956mg Total Carbohydrates: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 4g Protein: 28g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes