Pan Roasted Maple Dijon Chicken with
Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Center your home-cooked meal around a hearty dish such as Pan Roasted Maple Dijon Chicken with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts to ensure that none of your guests leave the table hungry.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 16 Brussels sprouts (about 8 ounces), bottom trimmed, outer leaves removed and halved
- 2 cups diced (1/2 inch) butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In sauté pan large enough to hold chicken in single layer, heat olive oil over
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, skin side down, and sauté for about 4-5 minutes per side,
or until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and reserve.
- In same pan, add butter. Allow butter to melt over medium heat.
- Add sprouts and squash to pan and sauté, tossing occasionally, until outsides
are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and hold separately from chicken.
- Turn heat to high and add stock, syrup and mustard. Stir and bring to boil, stirring
to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Add chicken back to pan, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook over medium-low
heat 20-25 minutes, or until chicken registers 170 degrees F with instant read thermometer.
- Add vegetables back to pan, cover again and cook another 8-10 minutes until vegetables
- Move chicken and vegetables to serving platter, placing vegetables around chicken.
- Turn heat to high and boil sauce until it is reduced and slightly thickened,
about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes