Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with
Pan Seared Chicken Breasts topped with Carrot-Ginger Broth makes for a beautiful
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup jicama, sliced
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Add ginger, carrot, fennel, garlic and shallot; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Add Mirin and continue cooking, stirring, about 5 minutes, or until reduced by
- Add 2 cups chicken stock and lime zest; reduce heat to low and simmer 7 minutes.
- Strain broth through fine strainer, separating carrot mixture and reserving broth.
- While broth is cooking, pound chicken breast halves to even thickness. Season
both sides with salt and white pepper.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, warm remaining tablespoon canola oil and
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and cooked throughout, about
6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Place bok choy and jicama in deep sauce pan.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup chicken stock and cook over medium heat about 3 – 5 minutes,
or until vegetables are tender but still have slight crunch left in stalks.
- To serve, place bok choy and jicama mixture in center of plate.
- Top with chicken breast half.
- Spoon carrot mixture on top and pour 1/4 of liquid broth over each chicken piece.
Nutrition Information, Per Serving: 390 calories; 14 g fat; 3.5 g saturated
fat; 25 g carbohydrate
From COPIA: The American Center for Wine, Food & the Arts, Napa, CA
Recipe and photo credit: National Chicken Council - eatchicken.org
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.