- 6 chicken breasts, de-boned and skinned
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe papayas
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- Clean chicken breasts with damp cloth.
- Place chicken in a paper bag with 1/2 cup cornstarch, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon
salt. Shake until thoroughly coated.
- In a large frying pan, brown chicken in heated oil until tender. When chicken
is lightly browned, turn to lower heat.
- Meanwhile, in separate saucepan, combine juices, sugar, orange rind, garlic,
ginger and soy sauce with cornstarch mixture; stir over low heat until thickened.
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken, add toasted almonds. Cover and simmer
for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, cut papayas in half, pare and remove seeds. Slice lengthwise.
- To serve, place hot cooked rice in 14 x 9-inch serving dish with chicken
breasts and almonds on top.
- Place papaya slices across top.
- Spoon remaining sauce over all and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes