Paradise Pineapple Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 fresh limes, for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups basmati rice (optional)
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Place chicken strips in large bowl; toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in large nonstick sauté pan or wok over medium-high
heat; add garlic and ginger. Saute 1 minute.
- Add chicken, and sauté until almost cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes;
remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan; sauté vegetables over medium-high heat until tender
but still firm, 4 to 5 minutes; remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk together wine and brown sugar until dissolved. Add to pan and simmer
until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple, reserved vegetables and chicken. Heat until warm, 3 to
- Garnish with fresh lime.
- Serve with rice and soy sauce on the side.