Pepper Medley Chicken with Peaches
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into 1/2-inch strips 2 inches long
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced cling peaches
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 cups hot rice, cooked
- In large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and black pepper.
Stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Heat remaining oil. Add green and red pepper, onion, garlic and crushed
red pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and reserved juice; cover and cook 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- In small cup combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add to skillet; cook stirring
constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in peaches and vinegar. Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.