- 2 to 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon*
- About 1/2 cup butter and/or oil
- Lemon wedges
- Flour as needed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 cup fine seasoned bread crumbs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Chicken: Split each breast in half lengthwise. Pound thin between pieces of wax paper.
- In a non-aluminum shallow dish (I think a plastic bag is better) combine
juices and garlic. Add chicken, turn once, cover and refrigerate for 36 hours.
Turn once or twice.
- Pat slices dry. Cover bottom of skillet with 1/4 inch melted butter, oil
or combination. When foaming, sauté over medium high heat for 45-55 seconds
per side, turning once.
- Optional: Lightly dredge chicken in flour. Dip in mixture of egg and liquid.
Roll in crumbs. Sauté as above.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley and lemon wedges.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Marianna vE.
Found in County Fare, San Mateo County Historical Society Assn. Auxiliary
Cookbook, 1982; and Save Money Buying Meat, Poultry and Fish by Reggie
the Butcher, Presidio Press 1981 which did not include lemon juice.*
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes