- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup coarse Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup orange blossom honey, or any other type desired
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- Brown chicken in oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain juice from pineapple and combine with mustard, honey, crushed garlic
and snipped basil.
- Place slices of pineapple in pan with chicken, pour sauce over chicken and
pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight lid, reduce heat and simmer for
- Remove chicken and pineapple and place on a bed of cooked rice.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water. Stir into meat juices.
Bring to boil, stirring constantly, to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of fresh basil and strips of bell pepper,
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.