- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup coarse Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup orange blossom honey, or any other type desired
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- Brown chicken in oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain juice from pineapple and combine with mustard, honey, crushed garlic
and snipped basil.
- Place slices of pineapple in pan with chicken, pour sauce over chicken and
pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight lid, reduce heat and simmer for
- Remove chicken and pineapple and place on a bed of cooked rice.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water. Stir into meat juices.
Bring to boil, stirring constantly, to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of fresh basil and strips of bell pepper,