- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 1/4 pound) fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sliced peaches
- Combine salt, paprika and flour. Lightly coat chicken.
- Heat shortening in a large skillet. Sauté chicken until golden brown on
- Mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, basil and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add to chicken. Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Add peaches and simmer 5 more minutes.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/17/02 5:47:00 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes