- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, ground into a paste
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Brown chicken thighs on both sides
and transfer to a plate.
- Add spices and chopped onion to skillet, and cook until onion has softened.
- Return chicken to skillet; add walnut paste and pomegranate juice. Simmer
for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked and sauce has reduced and thickened
Per Serving: Calories 226, Calories from Fat 84, Total Fat 9.4g (sat 1.6g),
Cholesterol 94mg, Sodium 104mg, Carbohydrate 11.5g, Fiber 1.5g, Protein 23.9g