Russian-Style Chicken Cutlets
- 2 slices good-quality white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 tablespoons butter, 3 of them at room temperature
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Break the bread into pieces. In a large bowl, soak the bread in the half-and-half
until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, dill and the 3 tablespoons room-temperature
butter. Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the freezer; it will still be very soft.
Form the mixture into four oval cutlets and coat them with the bread crumbs.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter
and the oil over moderate heat. Cook the cutlets until golden brown and just
done, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Yield: 4 servings
Italian-Style Chicken Cutlets: Omit the dill. Use half bread crumbs and half
grated Parmesan cheese to coat the cutlets.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes