Russian-Style Chicken Cutlets
- 2 slices good-quality white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 tablespoons butter, 3 of them at room temperature
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Break the bread into pieces. In a large bowl, soak the bread in the half-and-half
until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, dill and the 3 tablespoons room-temperature
butter. Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the freezer; it will still be very soft.
Form the mixture into four oval cutlets and coat them with the bread crumbs.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter
and the oil over moderate heat. Cook the cutlets until golden brown and just
done, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Yield: 4 servings
Italian-Style Chicken Cutlets: Omit the dill. Use half bread crumbs and half
grated Parmesan cheese to coat the cutlets.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes