Sauteed Chicken with Pear Raspberry Sauce
- 16 ounces pear slices
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Drain pears (if using canned - otherwise, peel, core and slice fresh pears),
reserving all liquid.
- In small bowl, combine pear liquid, vinegar and thyme; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Season chicken with
salt and freshly ground pepper; add to pan and brown on both sides. Remove chicken
from pan; set aside.
- Add finely chopped garlic; cook and stir just until sizzling. Stir in reserved
pear-vinegar mixture; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; simmer over medium
heat 8-10 minutes or until done. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
Cook liquid in pan 5-7 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Stir in pear slices and raspberries. Spoon sauce over chicken on platter.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional analysis (per serving): 245 calories, 4 grams total fat, 2 grams
saturated fat, 66 mg. cholesterol, 84 mg. sodium, 24 grams total carbohydrate, 2
grams dietary fiber, 27 grams protein
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.