Skillet Chicken Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso® taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (15 ounces) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (7 ounces)
Green Giant® Niblets® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican
cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 6 ounces tortilla chips (about 42 chips)
- 1/4 cup
chopped fresh cilantro
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken
in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, bell pepper, beans, corn and 1
cup of the cheese. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Divide tortilla chips between 6 plates. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over
chips. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and the cilantro.
Prep time 20 Min | Total time 20 Min | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker