Skillet Chicken Parmesan
A complete chicken and pasta dinner prepared in just one skillet—no colander needed. Boneless chicken breasts are topped with crushed garlic croutons as a clever way to avoid the breading and frying step in traditional Chicken Parmesan.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Del Monte® Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® No Salt Added Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (or 2 fresh oregano), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta (3 cups)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely crushed garlic croutons
- Combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green beans, 1 teaspoon
oregano, garlic powder and 3/4 cup water in a deep 12-inch skillet.
Bring to a boil; add pasta, stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Place chicken breasts over pasta. Cover and simmer over medium-low
heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and stir pasta. Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan and
remaining oregano. Cover and simmer additional 5 to 10 minutes or until
pasta is done and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Sprinkle chicken with croutons before serving. Gently stir pasta and
season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serves 4 | Prep time 5 min | Cook time 25 min
Garden Chicken Parmesan: Substitute 1 (14.5 to 15 ounce)
can Del Monte® Sliced Carrots or Sweet Peas for Green Beans.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Del Monte Food, Inc.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes