Skillet Chicken with Peppers and
Blue Cheese Glaze
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh minced tarragon
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta, cooked
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté nuts for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
on each side until golden.
- Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Add peppers and garlic to skillet. Sauté over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping to remove browned particles. Scatter tarragon
and pine nuts over peppers.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer over peppers. Scatter cheese over
chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- To serve, place chicken over or beside peppers and orzo pasta on plate.
Garnish with pan juices.