Smoked Gouda Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 wheel smoked gouda cheese, sliced in 1/8-inch thick slices, divided
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Sear chicken in skillet to brown
on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter. Add garlic and brown. Add flour and brown.
Add sour cream and yogurt. Mix to make sauce. Add scallions and all except 4
slices of the gouda cheese. Simmer until cheese melts. Return chicken to skillet
and simmer about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, place over cooked pasta. Add pasta to plate, Spoon sauce over
pasta, then place a chicken breast on top.
- Just before serving place the last
4 slices of gouda on the 4 breasts and allow to melt slightly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes