Smothered Chicken with Onion Gravy
Keep these ingredients on hand and know that the taste of comfort is only minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package McCormick® Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with thyme and seasoned salt.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with no stick cooking spray. Heat over medium
heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove on serving platter; keep warm.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add onions; spray with cooking spray.
Cook and stir 6 minutes or until browned.
- Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until blended. Add
to onions. Bring to boil on medium heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon gravy over chicken.
10 min Prep time | 18 min Cook time | 6 servings
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 159 Cholesterol: 73mg
Sodium: 455mg Protein: 27g Total Fat: 3g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 6g
Photo credit: Georgia Johnson from Comfort of Cooking.
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick