Sour Cream Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted, or 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Cooked white rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms,
season with salt and pepper and sauté until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces to remaining butter
in saucepan and sauté until browned on all sides and nearly cooked through.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and add artichoke hearts, white wine and chicken
broth, stirring well and scraping bottom of pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat
and stir in curry powder.
- Whisk the flour into the sour cream and add to chicken mixture over low
heat, being careful not to boil. Heat, stirring often, until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
The recipe can be prepared ahead and refrigerated in a greased casserole
dish, tightly covered in plastic wrap. Uncover and reheat in a 300 degree F oven
for 20 minutes before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes