Southwest Chicken Skillet
Bite into a fiesta of flavors in this south-of-the-border quick and easy skillet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1 pound) bag frozen broccoli, red peppers, onions and mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can Progresso® black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 Old El Paso® flour tortilla for burritos (8 inch) (from 11.5-ounce package), cut into 2 x 1-inch trips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil
for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in vegetables, beans and salsa; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook
for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with tortilla strips and cheese. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes
or until cheese is melted.
Success: Crisp tortilla strips add extra crunch and are easy to make - just
pop them in the oven while preparing the skillet. Bake strips on ungreased cookie
sheet in 425 degrees F oven 4 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
Serve With: Add orange wedges or pineapple chunks to quickly finish this
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 540 (Calories from
Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium
800mg; Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 12g, Sugars 5g), Protein 49g
Percent Daily Value*: Calcium
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Very Lean
Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes