Southwestern Chicken Scaloppine
Looking for a hearty chicken dinner using Progresso® broth? Then check out this
flavorful scaloppini that’s ready in 30 minutes - featuring hints of Southwestern
and Italian cuisine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce, if desired
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place chicken breast half
with smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling
pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. Cut chicken into smaller pieces if desired.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, cumin and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
Reserve 1 teaspoon flour mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook
3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, stir reserved 1 teaspoon flour mixture into broth. Gradually
stir broth mixture and red pepper sauce into skillet. Heat to boiling; stir
in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
prep time 30 min | total time 30 min | servings 4
Serve with cornbread or corn muffins, steamed green beans or broccoli, and fresh
fruit for a scrumptious dinner.
Instead of chicken, use 1 pound pork tenderloin. Cut into 4 pieces, and flatten
as directed for the chicken.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 250 Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1 1/2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 500mg Total
Carbohydrate 7g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 33g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 10%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes