Stir-Fried Chicken and Cashews
As easy as it is delicious, this spunky stir-fry gets its full flavor from soy
sauce, sherry, and hoisin sauce.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 cup raw cashews or roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, sherry, and, if desired,
sugar. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, cook cashews in hot oil over medium-high
heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Remove with a
slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chicken mixture to skillet or wok; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until
no longer pink. Stir in hoisin sauce and cashews.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 504 cal., 25 g total fat (5 g sat. fat),
66 mg chol., 571
mg sodium, 36 g carbo., 2 g fiber, and 35 g pro.
Dietary exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 4 very lean meat, 3 1/2 fat
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 11:03:51 am.