Stir-Fried Chicken with Mandarin
Oranges and Broccoli
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a bowl, toss chicken breast cubes with the five-spice powder.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, reserved orange juice (about 3/4 cup), honey,
red pepper flakes, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat and add the oils. Heat until
just smoking. Add ginger and chicken cubes and toss until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in bowl. To same pan, add broccoli and
toss until bright green and crisp tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Add 3 tablespoons sliced scallions and sauce. Stir
until sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. Add oranges and heat through.
- Serve over steamed rice. Garnish with remaining tablespoon scallions and
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council - eatchicken.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes