Sweet Lemon Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 3 large lemons (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Clean and skin the chicken, removing all visible fat and patting dry.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and oregano.
- In a large skillet with a lid, place chicken in single layer and pour the
oil mixture on top . Cook covered on medium heat for about 30 minutes, basting
- Turn heat down to low and continue to cook uncovered until the sauce is
reduced to about 1/2 cup about 30 more minutes.
- Remove chicken to a platter and add maple syrup to pan and stir until heated.
Pour over chicken and serve immediately.
- Use crusty bread to dip in the sauce. Serve with a salad and fresh veggies.
Serves 3 or 4.