Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole large chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- Stir apricot preserves, vinegar, garlic salt, ginger, soy sauce and crushed
red pepper together until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in wok or large skillet until hot. Over high heat,
cook zucchini and mushrooms with salt until zucchini is tender-crisp. Stir constantly.
Transfer mixture to a platter. Add remaining oil to wok; cook chicken until
tender, stirring often. Add cooked zucchini, mushrooms and pea pods; stir gently
until heated. Pour on apricot sauce; toss gently to mix well and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes