Tasmanian Fruited Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, disjointed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar whole button mushrooms
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides in the butter.
Cover and cook until tender (about 30 minutes to 40 minutes), then remove to
a warm platter.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until tender, without browning.
- Drain the peaches, mixing 1 cup of the syrup with the vinegar, soy sauce,
- Add the syrup mixture to the vegetables and cook and stir until thickened.
- Add the peaches, mushrooms, and the cooked chicken and heat thoroughly.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/25/02 7:13:38 pm.