Thai Chicken Basil Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons wheat flour mixed with 4 teaspoons cold water to thicken
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cutinto 1/4 x 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup Thai stir-fry sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 cup basil, coarsely chopped (Thai basil if available)
- Stir Fry Sauce: (Make sauce first.) In medium size pan over medium-hot heat,
stir together chicken broth, oyster sauce, Thai fish sauce, honey, shaoxing
wine (or dry sherry) and sesame oil. Heat to a simmer. Once mixture reaches
a good simmer, stir in the wheat flour water mix. Simmer briefly, approximately
30 seconds, to thicken lightly.
- Chicken: In large skillet over medium heat, heat canola oil. Add the chicken,
salt and pepper. Cook, stirring lightly, until chicken is cooked on outside,
about 1 minute.
- Add ginger, garlic, green beans and onions. Stir. Cook for approximately
one more minute.
- Add stir fry sauce, bamboo shoots and jalapeno pepper pieces. Stir. Reduce
to simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked and beans are crunchy tender, approximately
30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add basil and stir well to combine.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 246 calories; 9 g fat; 1 gram saturated
fat; 10 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council - eatchicken.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes