The Best Chicken Stroganoff
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chipped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Wide egg noodles
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms; add chicken
and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, stir in juice and broth. Continue stirring until sauce
is thickened and bubbling.
- Add lemon juice and sour cream, mix well. Stir and heat until bubbling;
season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Sheli Jo.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes